CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

FESTIVAL SEASON!!!

Hey peeps!

Gonna try this out. Kelsey told me to write a blog about the festivals a few of us went to the past few weeks. Maria and I (Mo) went to Ichthus in good ole Wilmore, Kentucky then we snagged Ashley from Nashville after 2.6 days of being home and working our tails of to head up to Pro-Life in Warsaw, Indiana.

For starters: Ichthus (which I can never spell correctly) was epic for a few different reasons. An Epic lack of sleep. The night before we left I had to prepare for a presentation for my summer class which kept me awake until 4 am. I'm a perfectionalistic person when it comes to stuff like that which I learned is called Analysis Paralysis. Project was about my strengths ( which based on strengthsquest.com tells me are: Postivity, Developer, Adaptability, Belief and Includer). > I must say that I LOVE the auto save feature on Blogspot!> That night (Wednesday) Maria and I went to Cobra Starship and The Secret Handshake @ RCKTWN, then Maria skated with some dudes afterwards and we left Nashville around 1am.

After a Rockstar and a bit of driver switchy action later we get to the grounds around 5:30 am. Awkward in the car sleep till a little after 7am until we had to get check in to volunteer at the Deep End Stage. We walked over, met our fellow helpers as well as got aquainted with the local plaque: Cicadas. I kinda wanna puke a little whenever I see them. Just imagine a gabilion of these suckers flying around making noise and landing on you. The boys scream when you flick them off. These dinosour bugs are fearless and as our friend Perry told us: "If you pull their front right leg, their WHOLE HEAD COMES OFF!" Cool.

Mr. Josh Brown (Day of Fire) was the host for the Deep End Stage so he was chillin and whenever I went off next to a tree to sleep (cuz 3hrs of sleep and 3 days don't match up), I was awoken by a crazed cook. He told me that the sun was going to burn me, but if it the sun didn't... he would. He then proceeded to squirt lighter fluid on his mini grill and laugh very evil-y along with his bandmates who were awaiting his cooked food. (Later I find out said band was Haste the Day, ha)

We then preceeded to open and close the gate for van/trailer combos, help bands with their gear and roast in the sun. Snuck away to see Through A Glass play on the Blaze Entertainment stage. Let me tell you, Mr. and Mrs. Blaze are AMAZING people and they have the raddest family!!! If you happen to be reading this: THE DIEHARDS HEART YOU! So, the TAG guys were amazing and gave us their leftover meal vouchers which was super nice of them. Battle of the Bands had some sweet bands in it like Farebridge. Ok, well, maybe they were the only band I liked, but, boy oh boy, are they GOOD! haha.

Thursday night: Maria and I actually took a nap after the battle of the bands and were pleasently awoken by Skillet. It was delightful!

Well, I think I've gone into too much detail for now, mostly cuz I've only covered Thursday, buuut I'll be back soon with the rest of our adventures!!

So long!

-Mo

1 comments:

My name is Damaris said...

Ooooh! All this sounds very exciting - I can't wait to hear the rest!!